Mission: Encouraging excellence in geographic and environmental education through leadership and service
Vision: To be the leading voice in the advancement of geographic and environmental education in Ontario
Values: Accountability, excellence, inclusiveness, innovation, integrity, respect, responsibility, teamwork
OAGEE/AEGO (OGTA)was established in 1948 It is registered as an incorporated non-profit organization with the province of Ontario.
The Goals of OAGEE are:
- to stimulate and improve the teaching of geography in Ontario,
- to co-ordinate the activities of its members, and
- to disseminate information related to geography teaching to its members
To achieve these Goals, the association has four strategic directions:
- to provide professional learning opportunities and resources to educators;
- to advocate for excellence in the development and implementation of the Ontario curriculum;
- to recruit and retain a large, diverse membership, and
- to develop and maintain relationships with partners.
Let us know how OAGEE can help you transform your teaching from great to excellent.