CANCELLED: Spatial Technologies Summer Institute for Educators
Jul 05, 2016 – Jul 08, 2016
Ryerson University, School of Geography, Toronto
|Summer Institute 2016||$398.23|
To enhance Geo-visual and Geo-spatial skills and pedagogies in Geography, Science, Environmental Studies and other Humanities courses.
A Professional Learning opportunity offered with support from the Ontario Association for Geographic and Environmental Education (OAGEE), Ryerson University School of Geography, Esri Canada and the Toronto District School Board.
For grade 6-12 teachers of Geography and other subjects, who use or would like to use Spatial technologies in their teaching. Both beginner and advanced users are welcome.
This is an intensive 4 day course that includes:
- Workshops in GIS (both desktop and Web based), data management and cartographic presentation. Software used includes, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, Google My Map…
- Connecting GIS and the revised-curriculum
- Field work and data collection using geographic positioning systems (GPS)
- Group collaboration and sharing of projects
- Presentations from teachers and students who will share their experiencesNetworking with educators